• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Best On-line Frozen Foods

Neil

I am looking for a place to get frozen foods on the net. I am thinking about Bio-Aquatics, but they have a 10lbs minimum. Although I am planning to get quite alot, 10lbs is a bit much.
http://www.bio-aquatics.com/frozen.html
I use no name blood worms, frozen prawn eggs, spirulina brine, and sometimes glass worms and mysis(but not that type). They have all of this, but they are lacking daphnia.
Anyone know of another place that offers this kind of selection without that much of a min? If not, I might have to bite the bullet and make a large order. It will drive my wife crazy when I take up even more room in our frig. :x
Thanks, Neil

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
I've been getting all my frozens and brine eggs from Mike at www.threeguysaquatics.com - Hikari bloodworms, mysis, and brine shrimp. The eggs are a brand I haven't heard of but the hatch rate is very impressive. Very good prices on both. I can't remember them off the top of my head, but I remember I got 15lbs of the stuff shipped for what 6 or 7 lbs would have ran me from the LFS.

Neil

Thanks Ken! Have you heard of any places to get frozen prawn eggs? This is a great all-around food for Dwarfs. 3 week old fry can eat it, as well as full adults loving it.
Neil

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
Prawn Eggs? As in prawn, like shimp? Never heard of feeding that. I did try the Cyclopse-eze about 2 years ago. Worked great on angels and other surface feeders. Couldn't get any apisto or cory to give it a second look. Just ended up polluting my water and causing me more work :x

I'll ask around about them...see if anyone here on this side of the country is using them.

jvr

5 Year Member
cyclop eeze

HI,

funny that you had that result with the cyclop eeze, all my fry apistos love the stuff, not a speck of it gets to the bottom of the tank. As a matter of fact all my fish eat it readily, even ones that typically would only eat live foods. Never had a pollution problem . If the fish don't eat it the snails will.
My fry also grew much quicker on this then they did on live baby brine.

Thanks
John

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….