• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Banded Bushfish

Pisces 56

Microctenopma fasciolatum, the Banded Bushfish, goes well with Pelvicachromis... From what I've read. Going to find out for sure starting tomorrow when my Pelvies get here. Look up Banded Bushfish. They've an interesting shape and the male turns blue when he's happy it's feeding time. They're water puppies - friendlier than the Pelvies. I have a pair and I'd guess my male is 2", the female 1.5 or 1.75". Currently there are four female Congo tetras in with them and the Banded Bushfish don't even notice them. Actually, sometimes the Bushfish swim with the tetras! Fasciolatum is the least aggressive of the Microcenopmas. Mine do not appear to be aggressive at all. I think they're going to look really cool with the Pelvies as their shapes and markings are so different [then the Pelvies]. In the wild these two fish coexist.

Ekona

5 Year Member
Microctenopma fasciolatum, the Banded Bushfish, goes well with Pelvicachromis... From what I've read. Going to find out for sure starting tomorrow when my Pelvies get here. Look up Banded Bushfish. They've an interesting shape and the male turns blue when he's happy it's feeding time. They're water puppies - friendlier than the Pelvies. I have a pair and I'd guess my male is 2", the female 1.5 or 1.75". Currently there are four female Congo tetras in with them and the Banded Bushfish don't even notice them. Actually, sometimes the Bushfish swim with the tetras! Fasciolatum is the least aggressive of the Microcenopmas. Mine do not appear to be aggressive at all. I think they're going to look really cool with the Pelvies as their shapes and markings are so different [then the Pelvies]. In the wild these two fish coexist.

Hi Pisces 56.

Another aquarist I'm in correspondence with saw your avatar of the super red P. pulcher who has been breeding them, but his line is deteriorating and he was wondering if you had or knew of someone who had such fish available, so he might add to his breeding group. Any help greatly appreciated!
Ekona

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….