• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

[b]"Inka50" Have spawned(I think).[/b]

Peter Lovett

5 Year Member
I think my "inka50" have spawned which is quite surprising because the tank has a high ph or 7.6 and a t.d.s. of 227.

The female has barricaded her self into a small plastic tray for the last 3 days leaving just enough room to get in and out. When she does come out she is not out for long. But is she beautiful her stripes are pitch black and the rest of her is a golden yellow.

So in about 4 day I hope to see free swimming fry.

Aquatico

5 Year Member
I have two spawns from mine in the past two weeks. One whole spawn died and the other, over half has died. Must be sensitive to somthing.

Don Atkinson

Neil

Peter,
Good news! It really doesn't suprise me much, because they are so closely related to nijsenni. Spawning in less than perfect conditions is not unusual for them. But it usually does not produce optimal results. I hope that you get a good batch.
I just set a pair up last week and I think they are on eggs now. I have them in much softer/acidic water with low TDS though.

Aquatico,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Don, How are you doing. Glad to have you with us here?
Do you still have half the second spawn and how are they looking?

Neil

Aquatico

5 Year Member
Thanks!

I lost both spawns :( I did get another spawn today, a big spawn. I will keep you guys posted on how they do.

I got 5 pair of them from Julio and three of the male will not stop belly crawling. Any sugestions?

Don Atkinson

Neil

Don,
Cogratulations. That is really good news. How many do you figure you have?
Mine have been diddling around. She is yellow and in the cave alot, but I can't get a look in there. We'll see.
Neil

Aquatico

5 Year Member
Ten maybe. But I made a mistake. they are not free swimming yet. One was stuck on the outside of the cave. I thought he was swimming. Have no idea why he was on the outside of the cave???? Just about to start swimming. They are taking forever.

Don

Aquatico

5 Year Member
Ok! This fish is p--sing me off. 5 spawns and no fry. I get them to free swimming and then they just die off. They have spawned again, any suggestions!

Don Atkinson

Neil

Hey Don! I know how you feel. Boy have I had that happen a bunch of times. Usually it is because the water is not quite right. It can be numerous other things, but I would start there. What is your pH, TDS and temp?
Do the fry die one at a time or all of a sudden? I would check water parameters and, if OK, try andget food to them sooner and a little more frequently. You might even try smaller initial food for the first day or so.
Neil

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….