• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Aussie Dwarf Cichlid/Biotope Communities online?

MadHatter

5 Year Member
Are there any Australian forums or Facebook groups that cater to Dwarf Cichlid/Biotope fanatics?
I love reading this forum, but I'd really like to learn more about what's going on locally and maybe make some local contacts I might be able to exchange stock with down the track. Is there anything like that out there?

regani

5 Year Member
Yes there is one forum in particular that has a dedicated dwarf cichlid section. I am not sure what the rules are about posting links to other forums, so I'll send you a pm.

gerald

5 Year Member
There's a bunch of Aussies that use this forum. (mostly they post to complain about how few species they can get in AU.)
I'd like to see everyone here put their location (at least the country) in their profile so it shows up in all your posts.

HEY WAIT A MINUTE -- Where did it go? Didn't user location used to show up under our name and avatar ??? Can we put it back please?

gerald

5 Year Member
Oh OK thanks Lisa - if I click on the name then a box opens showing their location. I thought it used to show up under the name automatically without having to click anything, but I may be confusing it with another forum. (Or do other people see user locations on their screen without clicking?)

Lisachromis

Staff member
5 Year Member
It is under their name to the left. You have the avatar, then the name, then the message count and then the location.

gerald

5 Year Member
Aha - you're correct - but only in the black & yellow page style. I switched my forum skin style to ""default style" a couple months ago because I have trouble reading dim gray text on slightly darker gray background. Didn't realize until now that the message counter and location disappear in Default Style (see "Style Chooser" at lower left). Wonder what else I've been missing.

gerald

5 Year Member
No big deal - I'm fine using "Default Style" and can click on the user name to find location info, now that I know it's there. Josh fiddled with the fonts back in April when I mentioned the low-contrast problem (black & yellow style) of the new software, but it was still hard to read on my monitor with 52 yr old eyes. So he suggested switching to default style and that works for me.

hedylogus

5 Year Member
Locations and post counts should now be visible in the default style

Nooooooooooooo! :(

One of the advantages (in my opinion) of the default layout is that is very compact......making it easier to read. Additions to the profile stamp increase vertical space. My recommendation: leave at least one layout untouched (no additions).....although I'm all for removing stuff (like the pictures.....which would help simplify/compress even more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….