• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

As.Orange flash has breed questions?

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
My Orange flash pair has breed and the females laying the eggs Now. They are in there 10gal tank with no other tank mates but some Blue moscow guppys and some black molly fry Should I remove the male so as he won't eat the eggs?
Or will he be fine left in the tank with the female and the eggs?

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
pics of the fry
100_0706.jpg
100_0710.jpg
the eggs or at the top of the cave. I know pics aren't the best but thats as close as I could get and them come throw

nightowl1350

5 Year Member
Congrats on the eggs :) Can't help with the question :( I'm still new at this to. Funny place to lay them...mine lay on the bottom of the cave. I can't even think of how they would look swimming upside down spawning :)

Richard Brice

5 Year Member
As long as the female is not chasing the male away, he should be ok. Once the fry start to free swim in a week, she will get very aggressive against all the fish in the tank. I normally have just the pair in a spawning tank if I want to have most of the fry live. If you only want a few, then you can leave the other fish in the tank.

Richard Brice

aspen

5 Year Member
your goal is to have pairs that guard and raise their own fry. having 'enemies' in the tank sems to encourage guarding. guppies and molly fry should be good for this, but i'd limit their numbers to reduce stress on the parents. i have used even a single oto for ram parents who'd otherwise kill one another over the babies.

many others here have no tankmates for their pairs, ymmv.

rick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marakely

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(