• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Are these A. Alacrinas? Do I at least have a male/female pair?

Shawn

Scored 3 cheap apistos from a busto fishroom.

20220723_130702.jpg

Are they A. Alacrinas? And do I have a pair of them at least? I seems like I have 1 male & 2 females but I cant be sure being new to the hobby...

Pict 1: Male?
20220723_131515.jpg

Pict 2: Female?
20220723_130740.jpg

Pict 3: Male front and two females at the back?
20220723_131005.jpg

Shawn

No, they are not A. alacrina but rather some form of A. cf. personata. I can't tell for sure whether one of them is a female, but I tend to believe that all are males.
I will be so disappointed if I do not have at least a female. I am hoping for the one left most in the picture to be female.

What will be the distinguishing features to look out for to sex A. Personata?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….