• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Aquarium size

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
IMHO it is about the minimum size for breeding apistos. It would be better if it were a longer, wider and lower 70 l. If/when they spawn do you have ideas about where to keep all of the fry? They will quickly out-grow this tank.

andrew41298

I have another aquarium and will sell most of them on asap. What tank size would you recommend? I can't have too big as theres already a tank in my room

MacZ

A ~100l with a footprint of 80x30cm would be a good size. For fry tanks 2x 50l would be a good combo, so you can have two batches of fry. But from my fish breeding experience there is only two scenarios: You buy a fry tank and have it set up for months but no fry, or you say you buy and set up one in a month, and then your fish suddenly have fry.

MacZ

Good choice, I wasn't aware of your location (could have looked at the URL in your first post, though. My bad.), but something like this was basically what I was going to recommend. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….