• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistos with blue acara

MacZ

If you keep a single Apisto (big species like A. macmasteri) and a single acara. I find it boring to be honest. Typical fish soup component with a single angelfish and a single gourami usually. That's what you see over and over again.

anewbie

I've not kept an acara but vaguely i think they are a bit more aggressive than some of the other dwarf - i know that keeping a female nanacara with a female nijjensi in a 29 (no males); failed and i had to sep them. If you do keep them both add them at the same time so the other doesn't consider the 2nd fish as an intruder. I do know that angels generally work with dwarf cichild esp in a taller aquarium like a 75 since they will hang higher most of the time but it is still important to have a bit of scaping at the lower level so the dwarf cicihld can feel like it has a 'safe' territory. If you keep an aggressive dwarf cichild with angels it will hound it to death so there is that to consider.

fishouttawater

I wouldnt do it acaras can be super aggresive once paired. I put 6 on a 240 gallon with oscars and after 12 months i ended up with one pair that had picked the others off one by one.apistos would not last five minutes against them and both being bottom dwellers is likely to make matters worse imo.

Don cheech

I wouldnt do it acaras can be super aggresive once paired. I put 6 on a 240 gallon with oscars and after 12 months i ended up with one pair that had picked the others off one by one.apistos would not last five minutes against them and both being bottom dwellers is likely to make matters worse imo.
Yeah, I didn’t think so but I thought I would throw it out there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….