• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma species map project, Give me a list!

TWA

5 Year Member
I'll keep this short, this will most likely happen, I'm going to create a map based off apisto locations. Just highlighting specific rivers, tributaries, etc etc and including pictures and maybe specific details. What I'm asking you guys here for, is for a list of some species you would like to be included. I wont be doing every species I can find, but I would like a good amount. No matter what I will probably end up just finding a list and choosing random species from that list, to fill in if I don't get enough here.

I'm just asking for some help, easy enough huh? Just posting a list of apistos you keep, anything, I don't care I'm not picky, if you like work you can include their location, again, I'll just look it up if you don't. Doesn't matter here.

Help please, etc. I'm begging? Ha!

TWA

5 Year Member
For those interested, I will be using Arc for this project.

TWA

5 Year Member
Excellent. Thank you Mike. You don't care if I use it right? You will be referenced as my main source.

Anyone is still welcome to chime in, I have the list I want of species and locations, but of you think specific ones should be included I will gladly do that.

I knew from the start every form and specie would be near impossible to map. But I figured main species at their main locations would be doable. I'll post the map here in a few weeks when completed if wanted, it won't be perfect, but you know..

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
No problem with me. Just reference me and Tom's web site. Personally, I have no idea of how you would pick and choose which species/forms should be included: commercial availability, rarity/commonness???

TWA

5 Year Member
That's pretty much why I asked for a list, from you all ha! If not it'll just be kind of random. It's for a course I'm taking as a final project, they know probably nothing of fish so that's why I'm not that stressed about the list details, I was going to just kind of do random more common species maybe. Either way, that's why I've requested help, as there's too many species/morphs to choose, I figured if some would chime in with their favorite species/morphs I could just map those instead of picking random species

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….