• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma sp.Tefe Red belly 4 month old

Champ_17

5 Year Member
IMG_8681 (Small) (2).JPG
IMG_8713 (Small).JPG

Champ_17

5 Year Member
From these 2 photos, I would say that this is a Netz/Net form of A. cf. agassizii and not A. sp. Tefé. I agree it is a beautiful fish.
Thank you Mike
I breed this fish by my apistogramma Tefe female the same strain as the male below.
IMG_5138 (Small).JPG

and for the father of this fish i bought him from the shop which label on the tank "Tefe red"
IMG_5418 (Small) (2).JPG

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The males in the last 2 photos also look like A. cf. agassizii (Netz/Net) form to me. I have seen this form sold commercially as A. sp. Tefé more often over the past 2 - 3 years. I believe that it is due to the 2 species being somewhat similar in appearence. Since A. cf. agassizii (Netz) occurs closer to Manaus than A. sp. Tefé, it is less expensive to get. The same thing happens with A. sp. Roca Eterna being sold as A. sp. Papagei. Nevertheless, it is a beautiful fish.

Champ_17

5 Year Member
The males in the last 2 photos also look like A. cf. agassizii (Netz/Net) form to me. I have seen this form sold commercially as A. sp. Tefé more often over the past 2 - 3 years. I believe that it is due to the 2 species being somewhat similar in appearence. Since A. cf. agassizii (Netz) occurs closer to Manaus than A. sp. Tefé, it is less expensive to get. The same thing happens with A. sp. Roca Eterna being sold as A. sp. Papagei. Nevertheless, it is a beautiful fish.
Thank you Mike I alway confuse for apistogramma sp.Tefe for a long time until now I don't sure the apistogramma Tefe I had is really Tefe.
IMG_7990 (Small).JPG

Champ_17

5 Year Member
it's been a long time since i post the parent of My Agassizi red belly.
Today i found their off spring has even more redder.
tefe red belly.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….