• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma sp miua

Fisherking

5 Year Member
Hi, does anybody have any personal experiance whit sp miua. If everything goes by plan I should have 5 of them next week.

Neil

Fisherking,

I have been working with miua for awhile now. They are a favorite. Beautiful fish. I have found them to be somewhat similar to iniridae-group fish in their requirement of VERY soft and acidic water for reproduction. Otherwise they seem like a fairly hearty species. I have had several spawns that have apparently produced both blue and red variants(slightly different in color), much the same as mamore, etc. They are fairly aggressive in between spawning, but get along well during broodcare, so they have been left as a family unit for quite sometime (6 weeks). One of my males has even taken it upon himself to be largely responsible for broodcare, after the female has lost interest.

Have you gotten them yet and what are your impressions?

Neil

Fisherking

5 Year Member
Hi, I had to order them form singapore, they were wery expensive so I ordered the smalest size......and they were smal 8O the largest was 2 cm. But it looks like they are doing fine, they are pretty agressiv, but I cant see any injuries. I probebly have 3 males and 2 females. I had them once before but they were wild and I only had males and females of mendezi :? It would probebly take a few months before they are ready to spawn. It seems like every apist I have has stoped spaning after I moved to south Norway, do you know if they are dependent on the season??it seems like they are much more villing to spawn in Apiril\May.

Neil

It seems like every apist I have has stoped spaning after I moved to south Norway, do you know if they are dependent on the season??it seems like they are much more villing to spawn in Apiril\May.

Although there may be a certain predisposition for seasonal spawning, it is unlikely that is what is happening. Most species that i have had do not seem to care so much about the time of the year as much as they do about me taking real good care of their feeding and water cleanliness for breeding. I have noticed certain times of high breeding activity, but usually not related to season as much as barometric pressure or something else like that.

Neil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….