• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Pandurini(feeding Problem)

F

Fishfreak

I need help. I have just bought a breeding pair of cichlids and all was going well for 2 weeks the female has come into her breeding colours and is feeding well. Now the problem is that the male seems to be picking at its food and its fins are down all the time.What I want to know is what other food apart from flakes can I feed it to bring it back to condition.

fishgeek

what do it's feaces look like
stress on fish may allow internal protozoal disease's to become problematic
if the inappetan fish has stringy pale feaces you may have an ill fish on your hands

andrew

farm41

5 Year Member
My panduros wouldn't touch flake, get some live food like CBW's, bbs, or daphnia. A healthy fish will go crazy for live food. Frozen is the next best thing for a finicky fish. Try frozen mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, or daphnia.

F

Fishfreak

feeding problem

Thanks for the info. I have transfered the fish into a net by itself and I will feed it daphnia and brine shrimp from tomorrow. Watch this space.

Neil

Fishfreak,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

Even Panduro can be "made" to accept flake, but newly arrived fish should be fed the most desirable food possible until they are acclimated to their new home and only then switched over to other foods. Clamped fins is likely more a problem with water or disease than food though.

Good luck,
Neil

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….