• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma macmasteri or A. viejita

wethumbs

5 Year Member
They are all macmasteri. The only reason it 's called viejita is so they can fetch a higher price.

halmiris

Here is another video. Sorry it is not very clear but if you look carefully you can see the dominant male body is present gray-blue stain.
Help in finding this species?
Someone said that it is only Apistogramma viejita, is true?

Rod

5 Year Member
Sorry
No red eye
No red to top edge of dorsal
No pattern to anal fin and body

Nice fish....not viejita in my opinion

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
No matter how much you want your fish to be A. viejita, they are actually a morph of A. macmasteri - as are 99% of all "A. viejita" in the hobby. Sorry.

halmiris

Thanks Mike and others who have helped me. Not necessarily want to be Viejita.
I wanted to know for sure what species it is. Are nice and can be either A or A. Viejita macmasteri. :)
. Thankyou again for your help.

halmiris

Portrait Apistogramma macmasteri.
P1040999.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The photos do not show enough diagnostic markings for a positive identification. It is a species of the regani-lineage (either regani- or macmasteri-group).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….