• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma I.D.

AndrewPayne007

So the fry are happily taking BBS, vinegar eels and microworms... I have to go away from Thursday until Sunday next week and I'm worried about them starving. They won't be fed on Friday and Saturday... will they starve? Anyone have any advice? Thanks guys!

AndrewPayne007

In a planted tank? No, they'll be fine.
Mike I bought a second female at the same time as I bought this pair on the advice of the employee. She's in a separate tank atm and I've considered switching the male over into her tank at some point to see if she'll spawn too... Is this advisable?

Also, I'm not 100% sure she's a Wangenflecken... She's much smaller than the female that's spawned with the male and her markings are pretty different too... Can you i.d. females? I did my best to get a couple of stress shots of her to show her bars but she kept moving around so they're not great. Thanks again for all of your help.

Attachments

• IMG_1860.jpg
    IMG_1860.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 325
  • IMG_1872.jpg
    IMG_1872.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 321

AndrewPayne007

So... Three weeks later and I noticed Mom and Dad chasing the fry. They slowly get close and then dart after them. I moved the ones I could catch and this evening I found Mom's laid a new clutch of eggs under some mopani wood across from the cichlid stone cave she laid the last clutch in. I'm not sure what to think now... Is this a good thing? Should I be separating Dad at some point to make sure Mom doesn't abandon the next clutch?

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OzzynHarriet

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….