• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Cruzi with kribs?

Taeniatus

5 Year Member
I have 3 baby apisotgramma Cruzi kin a 20 gallon. The thing is, i also have a 40 gallon community tank with a pair of kribs that want to spawn. Can i switch the Kribs from the 40 gallon to the 20 gallon, and the Apistogramma from the 20 gallon to the 40?
The inhabitants of the 40 gallon are abot 60 baby kribs, abot half an inch long and 2 bolivian rams, an albino cory, some medium sized kribs, and a danio.

Neil

Taeniatus,
If the cruzi are adolescent and still need to grow out, then yes, it would be much wiser to switch the cruzi into the 40 with the young kribs and put the breeding pair in the 20 by themselves. You are bound to wind up with trouble the other way around. There would not be enough room for the apistos to get away from territorial, breeding kribs.
Neil

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….