• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Cruzeiro "jurua'

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
Apistogramma Cruzeiro "jurua' Spawned

After searching for a few years I found a few pairs of Cruzeiro. They were worth the wait. They are every bit as nice as in the best photos.
8F2U1981.jpg

8F2U1994.jpg

8F2U2006.jpg

8F2U2008.jpg

8F2U2009.jpg

8F2U2012.jpg

Sorry for the dirty glass.

Fingerling

5 Year Member
Beautiful specimens there. I do wish you luck and that they'd spawn a healthy brood for you:wink:. Are there any links or information to sucessful spawnings of this Apisto sp jurua?

Microman

5 Year Member
I kept and successfully bred this species some time ago. I did find them a relatively difficult species to breed however in very soft(10ppm) and acidic water(pH 5-5.5) which is high in tannic/humic acids,temp 78-79c they should do well.
I had good clutches of viable eggs at these parameters.
I notice Glasers have them on their latest lists at the moment. A truly stunning species....
000_1533.jpg

000_1548.jpg

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
Glaser is where I purchased mine from. Each day the fish look better and despite their small size they are displaying. The parameters you listed are close to what I am keeping them in already.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….