• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma cacatuoides

yinshutong

ae717ea68599c437facdb5b419ed67c.jpg
779d3d9fe361c235aee11ee18190619.jpg
f7f693b28e62447ca412663ee432958.jpg
9d6d4d7584828a9ebc2b11a1ae63701.jpg
4eb8286e0d824980d2343294faf8309.jpg

MacZ

I do not believe that is a cockatoo.
I do indeed think it's at least an A. cf. cacatuoides.

And there's your reason I say the domestic fish have nothing in common with the original fish. As you rarely see any wild ones anymore I'm a bit hesitant about the orange parts in the fins. Maybe there is some interbreeding with domestic fish, maybe not. Some wild specimens have it, some not.

Here you can see, that in full display the stripes on the stomach disappear and the fish is not as bulky as a whole.

anewbie

I do indeed think it's at least an A. cf. cacatuoides.

And there's your reason I say the domestic fish have nothing in common with the original fish. As you rarely see any wild ones anymore I'm a bit hesitant about the orange parts in the fins. Maybe there is some interbreeding with domestic fish, maybe not. Some wild specimens have it, some not.

Here you can see, that in full display the stripes on the stomach disappear and the fish is not as bulky as a whole.
Well if that is truely cockatoo; not only do i stand corrected but it is much nicer than the domestic forms.

MacZ

They have quite a variance. It's probably about time to take that species-complex apart.

yinshutong

我确实认为它至少是一个A. cf. cacatuoides。

这就是你说家鱼与原始鱼没有任何共同之处的原因。由于你很少再看到任何野生的,我对鳍中的橙色部分有点犹豫。也许与家养鱼有一些杂交,也许没有。有些野生标本有,有些没有。

在这里你可以看到,在完全展示的情况下,肚子上的条纹消失了,鱼没有整体那么笨重。
https://www.aquariumglaser.de/en/fish-archives/apistogramma-cacatuoides-yellow-wild-2/
当我得到它时,商人将其作为另一个品种出售Apistogramma resticulosa!!但我知道不是,功能不是很明显。它可能是在巴西的另一个流域发现的,腹部没有黑点。这是一种非常美丽的鱼,我喜欢它的蓝色

Mazan

This is what google translate comes up with:

My fish is of the same species as yours.

When I got it, the merchant was selling it as another variety, Apistogramma resticulosa! ! But I know no, the function is not obvious. It may have been found in another watershed in Brazil without the black spot on the belly. This is a very beautiful fish and I like its blue color
short snapper enthusiast

anewbie

This is what google translate comes up with:

My fish is of the same species as yours.

When I got it, the merchant was selling it as another variety, Apistogramma resticulosa! ! But I know no, the function is not obvious. It may have been found in another watershed in Brazil without the black spot on the belly. This is a very beautiful fish and I like its blue color
short snapper enthusiast
I agree it is quite nice; pity no females or catch location. The first fish in this thread is very interesting. It is the body shape that catches me as much as the colouring. Really don't like domestic cockatoo but some of these wc ones are making me more interested in the species.

Mazan

I know mine came from Colombia, but where in Colombia I don't know. I liked them and they were not too aggressive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grey58

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….