• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

apistogramma cacatuoides gold?

P

peter

hi can anyone tel me more about apistogramma cacatuoides gold.
are the weaker then the normal cacatuoides i mean prone to illnesses and watercondition and are they easy to breed???

Neil

peter,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM

The gold or "Yellow/Gold" form of cacatuoides is a highly inbreed strain. The results of ones breeding effort with this species-form depends on what "stage" of line breeding it is in. There is no particular difficulty in its breeding, because it is a cacatuoides. But as to whether you will have fry that all look the same is a different matter. Here is a picture of this impressive fish. Scroll down the Editors forum to the second pic to see it.
http://www.apistogramma.com/editorsforum.htm

Neil

P

peter

hi Niel

thanks for replying. the fish in that picture is owsome 8O .
i hope i can find them here in holland because i realy want to try this species.

thanks peter

apistodave

Staff member
5 Year Member
Like all fish that are heavily inbred the process is problematic, at least my experience with them shows this to be true

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarenSet

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(