• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma atahualpa

Poe

5 Year Member
Hi everybody

I´m glad to find this forum. I only have 2 obsesions, plants and apistogrammas :). I have no problems with plants but we could say that I´m a novice with apistos.

I have the chance to get some A. atahualpa "sunset", in Spain this is not easy to find. I would say that it is not sold here, I havent seen o heard about them.

It is a real handsome fish but I dont know anything about them. I didnt know they were extremely agressive.

I´m thinking to set up a tank just for them, not a big one, the idea is to keep them alone, like a breeding tank. About 15-20 gallons.

But as they are so agressive.... probably I will only be able to keep a pair.

Well, it is just only an idea, the idea to keep a new apisto is exciting, a different one. One is not available in Spain at the moment.

Have any of you any experience with them or heard about?

Regards

Poe

5 Year Member
oh I´m sorry I´m afraid I confused the message in the wrong forum, I´ll put it in the right place.

Sorry folks

Z Man

5 Year Member
A 20-long would be much better than a regular 20-high. I had them a while back and never thought of them as being overly agressive. It's funny you write this now because Don Kinyon just called me today and is coming my way this weekend and bringing me 2 pair of A. atahulpa along with a new one named A. jurua. If you saw them in person fine but there is a photo on Julio's site @ http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/jsmelgar/ that really is stunning. Those I had before also from Julio never looked that fantastic but did show some real nice color.

Poe

5 Year Member
Well, you dont know how happy you make me. If you read at the krib
http://www.thekrib.com/Apisto/A-sunset.html
You´ll see dramatic stories about finding fishes on the floor and things like that.
You`ll see a diferent photo too. In fact a very different look. I saw both of them the yellow one and the blue one. Are they diferents morphos?
Why are they so differents?

Regards

Z Man

5 Year Member
Well those are some different colors than what I had here. Also in Romer's book there are 4 photo's of a blue morph? taken by Frank Warzel. The only one's I have seen were the orange variety. I will let you know what type I get from Don on Sunday.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….