• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma agassizii "Tefe Bauana"?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I agree with Andrew, A. sp. Tefé - 2 males. It is impossible to say if they were collected in the Rio Bauana (a tributary of the Rio Tefé).

arjay

5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:
I agree with Andrew, A. sp. Tefé - 2 males. It is impossible to say if they were collected in the Rio Bauana (a tributary of the Rio Tefé).
Hi Mike,
Are you 100% certain that they are both males (I certainly don't doubt you but I'd like to be sure before contacting the store)? I paid a good amount of money for a pair so if they are 2 males I'll be a little annoyed to say the least.
Thanks for your response,
Russell.

Lisachromis

Staff member
5 Year Member
arjay said:
Hi Mike,
Are you 100% certain that they are both males (I certainly don't doubt you but I'd like to be sure before contacting the store)? I paid a good amount of money for a pair so if they are 2 males I'll be a little annoyed to say the least.
Thanks for your response,
Russell.

To some people, a pair is two fish. It doesn't matter the sex of them. I hope you stated that you wanted a breeding pair (or at least a male and a female).

arjay

5 Year Member
Lisachromis said:
To some people, a pair is two fish. It doesn't matter the sex of them. I hope you stated that you wanted a breeding pair (or at least a male and a female).
I paid for a verified pair (male and female). I know this is often pot-luck when the fish are young but this source is very reputable and only offers verified male and female pairs. I certainly wouldn't have paid what I did otherwise... :wink:

arjay

5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:
If I was able to obtain female A. sp. Tefé could problems arise when breeding if they happen to be from a different part of the Rio Tefé? Just wanting to know if it's worth trying to find some females when they'll almost definitely come from a different source than the males.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Russell.

blueblue

5 Year Member
arjay said:
If I was able to obtain female A. sp. Tefé could problems arise when breeding if they happen to be from a different part of the Rio Tefé? Just wanting to know if it's worth trying to find some females when they'll almost definitely come from a different source than the males.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Russell.

If you could get a female sp. Tefe, there is no problem in mixing with your fish. :)

P.S: Bauana is just a collection point near Rio Tefe, there are many other collection points and it doesn't matter much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJM_Aquatics

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….