• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma agassizii 'Barra Mansa' WC

Ekona

5 Year Member
Says video is private. I had fish that looked just like this back in the mid 90's. At that time, they were being called A. aggassizi sp. belem. Great fish, my female was a hellion though.

Thanks, Rich. I made the video public - try it now.

And yes, the female guarded her territory with such vigor, that I had to separate the pair while she was guarding fry. I eventually removed the male to a separate tank to allow the fry to grow out (with female care) in the entire 20L tank. Soon I'll put the pair back together in the other 20L with the male and probably have them spawn again.

Ekona

5 Year Member
F1 - 12 weeks free-swimming - ~ 3/4" - looks like a male (maybe).
CQIOQX.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….