• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto Sp. Emerald

cdawson

5 Year Member
After much deliberation and 89 dollars later.... I finally i'd my mystery apisto as the apisto sp. emerald.
Does anyone keep these and can you share you experiences breeding them?

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
If your fish is the same as A. sp. Emerald/Smaragd, it is reported to be a color population of A. geisleri. It is relatively easy to breed in slightly acid moderately soft water. $89 seems a bit high for this fish, but value is in the eye of the buyer.

cdawson

5 Year Member
89 dollars was the price of the dwarf ciclid atlas I had to buy to properly ID my fish. =)

How much space will I need to properly breed these fish?

Randall

5 Year Member
Cichlid Atlas

Hello CD,

$89 for the Romer "Cichlid Atlas? Ouch!

Are you acquainted with Lisa and Ken Boorman in Canada? Great book sellers and lovely people. Their email address is [email protected].

Please send up a flare the next time you're interested in a book (or even if you're not!).

Good luck!

All the best,

Randall Kohn

Lisachromis

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hi Randall,

Thanks for the kind words! I had to come and check out the forum here and see what's up. I'm surprised I hadn't found it yet!! Why didn't you tell me sooner? 8)

Lisa

cdawson

5 Year Member
Re: Cichlid Atlas

Randall said:
Hello CD,

$89 for the Romer "Cichlid Atlas? Ouch!

Are you acquainted with Lisa and Ken Boorman in Canada? Great book sellers and lovely people. Their email address is [email protected].

Please send up a flare the next time you're interested in a book (or even if you're not!).

Good luck!

All the best,

Randall Kohn

It's the mergus cichlid atlas, at 1311 pages 89 bucks is a steal for an atlas of that value.

Randall

5 Year Member
Mergus "Cichlid Atlas"

Hello CD,

Yes, I surely agree, Romer's "Cichlid Atlas" has value at just about any price. It is considered by many to be an excellent resource. Good luck with it, and please watch out for volume II!

Currently, volume I usually sells for $50 or less here in the States.

All the best,

Randall Kohn

cdawson

5 Year Member
Re: Mergus "Cichlid Atlas"

Randall said:
Hello CD,

Yes, I surely agree, Romer's "Cichlid Atlas" has value at just about any price. It is considered by many to be an excellent resource. Good luck with it, and please watch out for volume II!

Currently, volume I usually sells for $50 or less here in the States.

All the best,

Randall Kohn

When is volume 2 set to be released, I can't wait. This is the first atlas I've EVER purchased that I'm going to read the entire thing!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndrewShNN

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….