• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto ID Please

W

wild-tiger

A friend of mine just brought these home earlier today so they are a bit stressed. I think the obvious male is a borelli (top pics) and I've no clue about the bottom pics (female, borelli?)

jodyapisto.jpg

jodyapisto1.jpg

jodyapisto4.jpg

jodyapisto6.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Ahh! Here we go again.

I don't know how many times I've said it, but here we go again. None of the photos show any of the black markings needed for ID purposes. Without seeing the black markings, it's almost impossible to say anything except that it belongs to the regani-group. I doubt that it is A. borellii. Fish in fright patterns show the black markings the best. BTW, all specimens appear to be males.

W

wild-tiger

I'll see if I can't get her to take more photos and I'll post them here as soon as she gets them to me. Sorry for not getting the photos right in the first 2 posts.

Apisto ranch

5 Year Member
Now I'm no pro at Apisto's and by no mean a pro at IDing them. But to me that looks like Nannacara anamala or golden eye dwarf cichlid. The marking or lack of lines and the gold in the gill area,gold eyes, blue in the anal fins and the larger tail fin with light blue streaks running in it.
Show me the golden eye. Now I'm new to the trying to IDing and m not the best at it. So Let me know if I'm off base. But thats what I'm seeing.

Aquatico

5 Year Member
I am going to go with A. sp "Steel Blue". Seems like they are the most common ID request.

KenL

5 Year Member
Apisto ranch said:
Now I'm no pro at Apisto's and by no mean a pro at IDing them. But to me that looks like Nannacara anamala or golden eye dwarf cichlid. The marking or lack of lines and the gold in the gill area,gold eyes, blue in the anal fins and the larger tail fin with light blue streaks running in it.
Show me the golden eye. Now I'm new to the trying to IDing and m not the best at it. So Let me know if I'm off base. But thats what I'm seeing.

Sorry, dont think so at all. Lots of pics of N.anomala here http://images.google.com/images?sou...05-05,GGLD:en&q=nannacara anomala&sa=N&tab=wi

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….