• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto female Id.

dorsigera

5 Year Member
Hello again.
I’ve recently posted an id question about an apisto I got. http://forum.apistogramma.com/showthread.php?t=2941 I now lost him in a mysterious illness and have only the female left. He was always shy but at the end he always hided and got darker and stopped eating. Finally he tried to enter a cave he was too big for. When I gently waved him away after some time he was swimming on the side and seemed to lose all orientation. I had nothing else too do but too take him out and end his misery. I have a 145 l. (32g?) 1 met. community tank with 4 small angelfish, 9 tetras (Paracheirodon innesi),
3 Dorsigeras and 2 Ancistrus L144a. All of them looking fine and water values are good. Due to the fish dealers poor Id I’m worried they even weren’t a pair in the first place.
Now I’m thinking of buying a new pair so I would like to know if this female I got left is a Macmasteri or Viejita or something else.
Apisto female1
Apisto female 2
Secondly I’d like to know of any other apisto/dwarf you think I could get or if this is enough for my tank. They have a limited stock of SA dwarfs at my LFS but they got Hongsloi and Borelli.

Thanks for a GREAT forum.

Mikael

Olga

5 Year Member
If you check again the thread that I've already recommended to you once
http://forum.apistogramma.com/showthread.php?t=2824
you'll find their the pictures of my female, that comes from the same batch of A. "vijeita II" (A. macmasteri in reality) as yours. Your fish has all the same black markings as mine, and since it is the same batch same Akvarielagret and approximately same time of purchasing, it should be the same A. macmasteri female.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….