• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

apisto alacrina

So my last thread on finding out what these guys were went bad due to me assuming so id like to apologize to anyone i had offended in that thread, im here to learn and contribute when i can so i dont want to act like im not. This leads me to my question, how to differentiate a male and female alacrina? I know there can be sneaker males, but would the size be stunted to to this? I have one that im certain is a female but the bigger more aggressive one looks similar but has almost an entire stripe down its side with the checkerboard like pattern while the supposedly female has just the checkerboard pattern. The first two pictures are of the bigger fish, the last one is the one that i believe to be female and was id as alacrina. The first photo the bigger fish a little bit of red at the base of the tale, its very faint but is there. I appreciate any help i can get, thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1329.jpg
    IMG_1329.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1328.jpg
    IMG_1328.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 271
They are in fact rotpunkt and have just there first batch of fry out from there cave. Wasn't expecting that!! Pictures to follow

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ilyiahib

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….