• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apisto. agassizii turque

B

bjørni

Hello from Norway! I have got a pair with this name:Apisto. agassizii turque. Anyone heard about it? It is quite expensive and are very beautiful.
But cant find the spiciesname on the net. So I may belive the name are fake? Anyone?

B.E.T.

Neil

bjørni,
I haven't heard of that form of agassizii, but that doesn't surprise me much. There are so many "store" names for apisto species and forms that it is impossible to know specifically the identity of a form without other information than the name. It might well be a new species-form, but there is even a better chance that it is a known form under a new name. Can you give us some description stats or, better yet, a picture?
By the way, welcome to The Dwarf Cichlid Forum :D ! Glad to have you aboard. How is the Dwarf Cichlid hobby in Norway. I have been personally contacted by several aquarists from Norway in the past. So, it seems like there is at least a little interest over there! Neil

B

bjørni

Hei!
Thank you for helping!!
In Norway many people have aquarium, and it seems like more and more peopel are getting interested in apistos and dwarfcichlids.

I was not remembering the correct name, as I thougt I did :oops: . The correct name is Apsito. agassizi. tucurug.
Maybee its easyer no?
Maybee I can send picture later....
Nice forum!
:D

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
One thing I was thinking of...does tucurug translate to anything in your language? We have apisto's here in the states that are know by something different in different parts of the county.

B

bjørni

Hello!
No it doesnt mean anything in my language. But the fish was sent from Tjekkia, so maybe a tjekkian-word?

Thank you anyway. :D

aspen

5 Year Member
bjorni, this fellow is from norway, and he may very well be able to help you out with the identifiction of that fish.

http://www.ntnu.no/~foksen/

his name is frode roe, and he grows aquatic gardens and raises apistos, discus etc. he may be familiar with the local name of the fish you have and possibly the 'real' name. e-mail him directly and he is sure to help you out if he can.

hth, rick

Cichlids1

5 Year Member
Frode used to hang out in a couple mIRC chatrooms. I've quit going to his site. I look at his tanks, then look at mine, then rip mine apart and start all over. He has some excellant looking tanks, discus, and apistos...grrrr. Is green with envy a good shade on me :mrgreen:

Speaking of IRC. If anyone likes to chat real time, there are a couple good rooms on xnet, #tga and #aquaria. Usually somebody there 24x7. Fish of all kinds is the normal topic, but it ranges from fish to food to the weather and back. Good times, good people.

aspen

5 Year Member
i tried participitating on the forum he had running for a while, then all of a sudden it was gone. i guess he figured the time could be better spent putting together more award-winning tanks. i love his tanks. he has an eye for composition and form. we can all learn to grow plants given the time and patience, but to produce beauthfully proportioned layouts is THE art of the planted tank. he surely is a master, and is quite young too.

rick

M

macarius

A. sp. tucurui

Bjorni,

i think that the name of the fish you are talking about is Apistogramma sp. Tucurui, which i believe is the name of site in Brazil where the fish was collected. Julio Melgar has a photo of this fish in his gallery on Acuario Nanay, and there's also a page with a photo on The Krib website. Check Neil's links page here on apistogramma.com for links to these sites. Sorry i don't have any other information about this fish, but hopefully you'll be able to correctly identify it from these pages. Good luck.

Rob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….