• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Anyone heard of a 'gold dwarf'?

leamos

5 Year Member
My LFS has a male apisto, with orange fins, and deep terracotta orange body and the classic apisto black line and striped face. The owner doesn't know the sp. and the its only called gold dwarf on the order form. Any ideas? i know its hard with no pics

Rolo

5 Year Member
My LFS has a male apisto, with orange fins, and deep terracotta orange body and the classic apisto black line and striped face. The owner doesn't know the sp. and the its only called gold dwarf on the order form. Any ideas? i know its hard with no pics

Is it this one?

ap_agassizii_firered_m.jpg

Then it's A. agassizii "Fire red", a breeding form of A. agassizii.

regards,
Rolo

leamos

5 Year Member
It did cross my mind that is was an agassizi colour form but it had more of a cacatuoides body shape and tail shape, and had a black stripe down its body but lacked the 3 belly stripes of the cacatuoides group. Its been in the shop for a while (apisto's are big sellers here) and if its still there next week i'll take it home

leamos

5 Year Member
A-piauiensis1.jpg
- Apistogramma piauiensis (pic from "The Krib")
looked alot like this, but body and fins terracotta orange

leamos

5 Year Member
Looked similar to an oversized cac female, with similar finnage and a small mouth

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….