• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Another new guy

FoggyPants

Hi there,

Just joined up as I want to learn more about Apistogramma's. Been in to fish since I was so high, at home we had 5 ponds in the garden and two tropical tanks inside, then when I left home I got a 4ft tank and had a tropical set up that turned in to a cold water set up and this time last year, having become jealous of my mate's tropical set up, I gave my goldfish to my sister and started up from scratch again on tropicals. I've now got a mature tank with cardinals, Siamese foxes, Bolivian Rams and until the other day, a lovely pair of Apisto's. Sadly, I was tired when I got home the other night and when I fed them, I left the lid off. The male must have jumped out and been enjoyed by one of my cats as he has vanished. I've always had problems with my fish jumping, usually the tetra. The tank has a sand bed and lots of live plant and I have two large Eheim external filters giving about 12x flow and CO2 is pumped in daily. Now my mate is jealous of my set up which makes me laugh.

I also have a second tank which is smaller. Another friend was trying to find a home for his old tank when he moved flats so I took it and have ended up filling it ith more live plant, Blue Tetra and today have added a new Apisto. I'll say more about that in another thread though as I'm having issues there!

Anyway, hopefully, I'll be able to learn more about Apisto's as I really like them and from what I've been reading as a non member, the site is very informative.

Oh, my user name is a bit odd I know, it's my xbox gamer tag.... it's a long story.

Pete

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….