• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

ancientaquarist's tale of woe!

ancientaquarist

5 Year Member
It's been more than three months since you heard from me. On 2/2/ I was rushed to the hospital with double pneumonia and informed I had 72 hours to live!

Kaiser sent an air ambulance to rush me to Richmond, CA and my five aquaria
were abandoned. My brother arranged for my canaries and parrot to go to a safe house but the fishes began to die and he eventually had the young man who was helping me maintain them remove all five and try to save whatever fishes were possible.

It's no good being single and in your 60's with a house full of animals. I shall try to remedy to situation when I buy a house next month. This is the first time I've had so many animals and no wife or partner to take care of them in an emergency. Are any of you single and how do yoiu solve this problem?

I have a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, an Abyssinian cat, 16 Spanish Timbrado canaries and my parrot, Rascal. By the way I had no idea I was ill!

I won't be setting up any aquaria larger than 55 gallons and I'm probably going
to stick to fancy goldfish. I'll only try dwarf cichlids after I have a partner as
they are too challenging.

To make matters worse my apartment was broken into and my entire collection of sansevierias was stolen, as was all my jewelry. Tucson is only
safe if you have a gun and aren't afarid to use it-and I hate guns. I'm sorry to be the bearer of such lousy tidings but as I simply vanished on 1/9 I thought you should have an explanation.

Ancientaquarist
[email protected]

fishgeek

hope everything improves for you michael and you stay in good health
here's wishing a speedy return to dwarfs
andrew

aspen

5 Year Member
michael, i hope you have a speedy recovery, and get back inot the hobby when you are ready. i'm sorry to hear such bad news about you, but i'm sure the future is going to be better for you.

rick

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyzhCrord

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….