• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

aggresive or courtship?

brad

5 Year Member
I have 3 questions:
I added a female in with my male cacatuoide today. There was lots of fin flaring, shaking, but also quite a bit of nipping. All on the male's part. The female just wanted to be left alone to explore her new surroundings. The male would shake in front of her then dart into the cave. The same way my Kribs do at breeding time. However, he also seemed to want to drive her off at times. Any thaughts?

The guy at the lfs told me he was 80% sure it was a female. She was the smallest in the tank, nearly no colour in the fins, and yellow. He said it was possible the it was a male in disguise becase there were so many males in the tank. Is there any way to be sure?

There were 2 batches of fry in the tank. They were all supposed to be males but....(refer to question #2) It's possible that the male and female I have are from the same brood. What would be the effects of inbreeding?
Thanks everyone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….