• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

aggassizi "abacaxi" or apisto abacaxi

zmirek

5 Year Member
Hi,

I think you mean A. sp. Abacaxis also known as A. sp. Wilhelmi.

However someone on this forum has called it "aggie with red face" it is more closely related to A. pulchra than to A. agassizi.

Greetings from Poland

Rolo

5 Year Member
tontinou said:
is abacaxi agassizi sp or a real apisto sp?

A. sp. Abacaxis (or Wilhelmi) is an undescribed species, which is much more related to A. pulchra, than to A. agasizii.

regards,
Rolo

Edit: (Sorry Mirek.. you've been faster. I haven't read yours before writing mine)

zmirek

5 Year Member
Hi again,

I have looked at Glaser's site and it seems that tontinou is asking for other fish that "our" A. sp. Abacaxis.

In section "News archive" they showed "yellow head" form of agassizi named A. agassizi "Abacaxis". I have checked new Datz reg. this and ended with nothing. Maybe you (or Mike or someone else) have more info to share with us?

Regards

Rolo

5 Year Member
zmirek said:
I have looked at Glaser's site and it seems that tontinou is asking for other fish that "our" A. sp. Abacaxis.

Oh yes, you`re right. This one is an A. agassizii.

...confusing name for it ;-)

regards,
Rolo

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Without seeing the fish, I have no comment. Commercial fish names without pictures of the fish are a guessing game. More often than not, they are just a new name for a well known species.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….