• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A Tefe

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
I ordered box of A agassizii tefe, I have kept them before and the body was darker than these fish. Catch location was listed as tefe but we all know how that goes. Any ideas.
8F2U1025.jpg

lab

5 Year Member
Hard to say from this photo, but could very well be Apistogramma sp. "Branco", A 226.

This is primarily based on the amount of red in the tail and the fact that the tail seems to be rounded more than spade shaped.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Do all of the males have the same caudal fin (color, pattern, shape)? To me it looks more like a (poor) domestic strain of red agassizii, maybe from the red-back strain. The Rio Tefé has both the type form of A. agassizii and A. sp. Tefé. Maybe they are wild, from the Tefé, and A. agassizii.

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
They all have the redish orange tail, They are on a very light colored sand, when they are in the driftwood tangle they darken up quite a bit showing more blue and yellow.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
If they never show the wavy reddish stripes on the flanks, then they are not A. sp. Tefé. Usually wildcaught imports of agassizii-complex species show several different caudal fin patterns/colors.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….