• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. sp. "Mouthbrooder"/ A. Linkei in my tank

markus383

5 Year Member
Hello!!
Does Apistogramma sp. "Mouthbrooder"(1+1 or 1+2??)/Linkei(1+1 or 1+2??)can live in my tank with M. Ramirezi(1+1)??
Dimensions(?):
100x35x30(h) cm

This is photo my new tank:

This aquarium is Planted tank with many plants.
Water parameters:
GH(TWO) = 6
KH(TWW) = 4
pH = 6,5

Will they breeding in my water??

My fishes:
1+1 M. Ramirezi+ their children
9x Otocinclus vestitus
10x Corydoras pygmeus
Tomorrow I will buy:
20x Rasbora Maculata

In future I will buy:
20x Red Cherry Shrimps

bigbird

5 Year Member
Hello,

Nice tank, substrate a little too thick, but that is just my view. I would however add some hidding spots, like cocunut shells, caves, oak leaves etc for the Apistos and Cory to hide. With Rams and Apistos, they need structure in order for each to have a territory. I see only one piece of drift wood on the left. You should if you will keep more Apistos, also add some caves or rocks or driftwood on the right, then each can set up their boundary.

I would be carefull with the amount of bottom dwellers you have, especially with the Rams and the fry. I would go for only 1 type of Apisto with ratio 1+2.
One word of caution, the cherry shrimp will be eated by some Apistos and Rams, so if I were you I would set them up in a seperate tank. I keep crystal red and cherry shrimp and the only safe fish are ottos to keep with them, even small tetras and rasbora will nip or try to eat them. Cheers jk :biggrin:

Ruki

5 Year Member
Now A. sp Mouthbrooder is named as A. barlowi.
IMHO Barlowi is too big(look at their mouth) apisto for Ramirezi. Also, in tank with A. barlowi, shrimps, C. pygmaeus and R. maculata would be only expensive snacks.
At your place I'd link Rams(1+1) with Linkei(1+2), but as Bigbird said- you must add more driftwood and other hidding spots!
BTW, Markus, are you afraid of our polish board about Apistogramma that you are posting so far away? :wink:

Gillie

5 Year Member
I agree with Ruki about leaving out the Barlowi not only do the have a large mouth, but they are one of the large Apisto species and get pretty nasty during breeding and the Rams would probably be in danger.

markus383

5 Year Member
Thanks!!
Apistogramma sp. "Mouthbrooder" will wait. I'll acquire A. Linkei(1+2) and I'll try it propagate. In this tank will very much plants. It has three weeks :wink:
In closest(?) future I don't write in polish forum.

markus383

5 Year Member
I know that I'm ask very often, but I'm beginner with apisto. My M. Ramirezi were ill in past. In this time they are healthy and I will give their my young brother. In my tank I have:
18x Rasbora espei
8x Otocinclus
9x Corydoras pygmeus.
I'm going to buy another apisto. In shop are this apisto:
Agassizii
Borellii
Bitaeniata(from time to time)
Cacatouides
Nijsseni(from time to time)
Pandurini(from time to time)
Trifasciata
Linkei
Gibbiceps(from time to time)
Tucurui(from time to time)
Cruzi(from time to time)
Regani(from time to time)
Sp. Red Point(from time to time)
Steindachneri (from time to time)
Viejita (from time to time)

Can you well-turned sentence appointments from these kinds for me??
My tank:
100x35x30cm
Waters parameters:
GH=9
KH=7
pH~7
I'm waiting for RO filter.
I want to propagate apisto in waters in this parameters.

Thanks for all help!!
I wish everybody happy New Year! :)

Ruki

5 Year Member
Markus, I'm not recommending to you ANY apisto. You have to change your attitude to keeping fishes first...
And if I'm not mistaken you'd ordered few A. linkei and A. trifasciata some time ago. What happened with them? :eek:

markus383

5 Year Member
When I'm going to buy Trifasciata or Linkei their aren't in shop. Now I know that when I will order in Discus Zoo their will be wait for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….