• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. sp "Masken" with fry :)

Ruki

5 Year Member
Hi after my long absence! In this time one of my Masken male died due of fight with second male and now I've one male and four females(lucky guy, isn't he? :wink: ). They were spawning regularly but I haven't got anything more than larvaes. BUT! After some changes in tank probably water parameters improved and now 2 females are swimming with theirs fries. I took photos only one female because she was swimming near front of tank.
Here you are!
f8b49bd265abc244.jpg

a520004165372fec.jpg

a590b04c05c68c4f.jpg

840fdda5af171e5b.jpg

And tank's photo:
f0982f5a764f55d8.jpg

fishme.

5 Year Member
hello ruki.congratulations.
i keep apistogramma masken too.because i am the only one in greece who keeps masken it is needed to breed them and i would like to know in what water parameters they did live in,what they were fed etc.the friend who gave me the group i have, had some wild caught fish and they bred only when he lowered the PH to 5,8.Are these ketapang leaves?

thanks

Ruki

5 Year Member
hello ruki.congratulations.
i keep apistogramma masken too.because i am the only one in greece who keeps masken it is needed to breed them and i would like to know in what water parameters they did live in,what they were fed etc.the friend who gave me the group i have, had some wild caught fish and they bred only when he lowered the PH to 5,8.Are these ketapang leaves?

thanks
Hi!
No, these leaves aren't ketapang. These are beech and oak leaves.
I'm keeping my Maskens in tank with water from Reverse Osmosis filter and I don't put any acids etc. Now I don't have any ph test(I'm waiting for ph meter). I think that ph is around ~6.0. TwO- 1 TwW-1.

BTW I was in Greece on my last holidays- tooooo hot for me! :biggrin:

fishme.

5 Year Member
today i noticed that a female was guarding eggs :biggrin: .unfortunately after some hours the eggs were missing with the female:confused: .i think that this is because of the male (i find w/c and f1s extremely agressive) the female must be stressed and is hiding somewere (hope so).but if they did spawn they will do again(hope so again).

greece has become toooo hot for the greeks too

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….