• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Panduros

Charlotte

5 Year Member
There has not been any action with the panduros for a while now, and I was kind of brainstorming on what I could do different for them.

Would they be more likely to spawn if I put them in the 50 gal community tank? It's just a really different environment- much more light, lots of live plants, etc. There is much less peat in the water, but the pH is around 6.0, and the discus seems to be happy enough to lay eggs in there. (twice now- none fertile.) Also, would they beat up the single male ram that is in there, and if so, would he be safer in a group of rams?

What do you think?
Thanks,
-Charlotte

Neil

Charlotte,
That surely would be a reasonable step to take. The other possibility along those lines is to move the male to the other tank, feed the female pretty heavily for a couple of days, do a large water change and then put the male back in. This might "condition" the female properly. Keeping the male away from her for a while may allow her to not use up energy in all the courtship stuff that has probably been going on in there. When the male is reintroduced, that might be the spark they need to actually have success. I don't think that your tank is the problem. Panduros can just be tough sometimes. Keep with them! And good luck, neil

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kanihong

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….