• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Panduro pair ID?

Jonm

I picked up what I thought was a pair of A. Panduro. I am not so sure that I picked out a pair though. My concern is that the male may not be a panduro because I do not see a spot on the piduncle but I really have no clue. If anyone has any idea please let me know what you think. Thanks.

Female Panduro?
null_zpsd59b87f1.jpg

Same Fish
null_zps400b5cf2.jpg

Male Panduro?
null_zpsdc68f9d6.jpg

Same Fish
null_zps8f8c96e9.jpg

Same Fish
null_zpsefa45ad9.jpg

Jonm

I believe you are correct. This is the second time both have been ID'd as female. I think my error was that I did not notice the black ventral fins. I found a old post where mike wise had made a comment about the black in the ventral fin on someone else's fish. I should of done more research but now I can try to locate some more and let the male choose his partner. Thanks for your help.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hutchy1998

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….