• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A.macmasteri /A.baenschi

border

5 Year Member
Fellows:
Recently I bought a pair from A.macmasteri, and mantain it in 70 liters aquarium at 27 grades centigardes Celsius,well planted with Taiwan fern,Java moss,and Xmas fern.
I put inside some pots with holes,etc...after saw the female in nuptial colours
the same dissapear and I saw only the male:eek:
I don't know if the apple snails it's a dangereous for it...but the tank it's absolutly secure to avoid jump the fish.
Anyway I can try to breeding it for that I have some questions:
It's better breeding the A.macmasteri in trios?
It's a risk mantain inside de apple snail?
Maybe need another tank,less big to better control?
Thanks in advance:)
And the last one,any suggestions to breeding A.baenschi (temp.water quality (maybe black water),etc.
I gave as a food to my macmasteri male,TetraBloodworms,Tetracolours,Grindal worms,and White worms:biggrin:

bigbird

5 Year Member
Morning,

How long has your female been gone for ? Are you sure she is not hidding in the on of the pots brooding ? Mabe she got stuck as we. I would remove all pots and have a look.
Normally apple snails are not killers. cheers jk :biggrin:

border

5 Year Member
Thanks!!

Morning,

How long has your female been gone for ? Are you sure she is not hidding in the on of the pots brooding ? Mabe she got stuck as we. I would remove all pots and have a look.
Normally apple snails are not killers. cheers jk :biggrin:

:) Thanks BigBird...yes I review in deep the aquarium,the pots,tubs,inside the the plants,etc...dissapear unfortunately.
A friend of mine have another and I will goes to buy one more.
Regards:biggrin:

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….