• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A few pictures from my fishroom..

ste12000

5 Year Member
I had a long list of jobs to do last night in the fishroom.. Instead i took a well earned break, got the camera out and enjoyed watching my fish for a hour or two. Sometimes with a busy fishroom i actually forget to sit back and enjoy the fish!!!

Wild Apistogramma Bitaeniata from Peru. Still a young pair and not spawned yet but they are fast aproaching spawning size and condition! should not be long now. The males stunning!
DSCF4919.jpg

Next up is Apistogramma commbrae, these were discovered at the end of a batch of wild imported A.borelli. Luckily i noticed two pairs left in the stock tank and got them both, i lost the larger female leaving me with a reverse trio, the remaining females still tiny so breeding should be a while off!! I can be patient!
DSCF4949.jpg

Apistogramma sp 'Abacaxis' or sometimes known as sp 'Wilhelmi' this is a new species for me, one ive never kept or bred before! they are maturing quickly and are beautiful fish. I cant wait to breed these..
DSCF4966.jpg

Apistogramma sp 'Kelleri'. After a few false starts and unsuccessful spawnings i made a few subtle changes to my setup and straight away was rewarded with success, not many fry produced but the first spawn numbered 8 and the second shown here is 10 fry.. Should be enough to secure a couple of new breeding pairs, the adults are fully grown and are big fish.
DSCF4994.jpg

DSCF4936.jpg

Apistogramma sp 'Blackchin' also known as sp 'Fanta' i think i prefer this name for such a gorgeous fish! This pair spawned just after Christmas, there are a few N.marginatus in this tank and the pair have teamed up to perform broodcare together, since doing this the male has really pailed in colour and is almost white.. Quite interesting!
This species is another first for me so im glad to be able to notch that up on my list of species bred.
DSCF5001.jpg

One of my favourite Apistogramma species is Apistogramma baenschi, ive bred these in the past and really enjoyed them, i received several youngsters from another breeder several months ago, its taken ages to get them to this stage but ive finally got a spawn from this pair, unfortunately the male wasnt playing ball and i couldnt get a shot, trust me they were worth the wait and all the hard work!
DSCF5017.jpg

Finally for today my female Apistogramma norberti with fry, this is another first time species for me so its nice to get pics for my files, unfortunately the wild female is still very skittish and hid under the wood whenever the camera came near, this is as good as it gets really!! hopefully better pics to follow.
DSCF5037.jpg

Mark

5 Year Member
Hi,

Here in Holland we have the Kelleri too, but we haven't figured out what changes have to be made to produce healthy fry. Can you give some clues?

Mark

ste12000

5 Year Member
Hi,

Here in Holland we have the Kelleri too, but we haven't figured out what changes have to be made to produce healthy fry. Can you give some clues?

Mark

Hi Mark nice to meet you.. I was about to start a new thread about this species where we can maybe pool all available info. I doupt that they will become a regular import so captive breeding is essential. Several breeders in the UK are having success so we are starting but slowly.

Can you post your findings in the new thread and ill certainly share all my observations.. Cheers, Ste

Ruki

5 Year Member
ste12000, you have wild Abacaxis? Gorgeous fishes!
Can you show your norberti? I'll have male for my lonely female after 24.01. :)

ste12000

5 Year Member
Yes they are wilds, im feeling like a very lucky man :):) Stunning fish, still a little small for spawning but they are nearly ready and all good things come to those who wait!

Its my pleasure to share the norberti!! they are stunning fish. I imported these in myself from Peru and its been nice to see them develop and finally spawn.
DSCF2863.jpg

DSCF2864.jpg

DSCF2858.jpg

DSCF4583.jpg

DSCF4582.jpg

Ruki

5 Year Member
Awesome male! I'm hoping that mine'll be nice too!
I really envy you with Abacaxis. :biggrin: They were available some time ago in Germany but they were "small and mixed with other fishes" so friend haven't bought them.

ste12000

5 Year Member
They were contaminants in a batch of borelli, i did ask the location but was simply told Mato grosso, Brasil... Thats all i have.

chris1932

Apisto Club
Staff member
5 Year Member
Very nice, I really like the norberti. If I might interject on the breeding of kelleri. I have had the best luck at warmer temps, 78-80. It also seems that the more they spawn the higher the number of eggs/fry there will be. When mine spawned for the first time there were 16 fry produced. Six spawning cycles later the numbers are getting closer to 30.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyzhCrord

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….