• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. Eliza spawn

Fatts

5 Year Member
My Eliza spawned again today. Looks like quite a few eggs this time too. I have them in a 20L gal, PH 5.5 and EC ~92. I hope to grow them out this time (with mamma and daddy's help of course). With a little luck I might get some good photos too.

Are the free-swimming fry big enough for BBS? Or is it back to vinager eels for me?

Thanks

blueblue

5 Year Member
Fatts said:
My Eliza spawned again today. Looks like quite a few eggs this time too. I have them in a 20L gal, PH 5.5 and EC ~92. I hope to grow them out this time (with mamma and daddy's help of course). With a little luck I might get some good photos too.

Are the free-swimming fry big enough for BBS? Or is it back to vinager eels for me?

Thanks

Congratulations! :) yes, eliza fry can accept freshly hatched bbs when they are free swimming. As a remark: Do NOT overfeed eliza fry with bbs. Eliza's fry are notorious for its fragile digestion system... i once got 40 eliza fry ALL died in an hour after feeding them a lot of bbs!!!!! ...so, please be very careful.

P.S.: My newly acquired german super red eliza also spawned two days ago,
as it was the first spawn, i do not expect to see a lot of fry while i am looking forward to seeing the free swimming fry :)

Fatts

5 Year Member
Blueblue, Thanks for the info. And congrats on your new little ones too!!! I will be very careful when feeding.

BTW thanks for the info before also, just like you said I slowly changed the water parameters and as I approached the target PH, the female started to protect a cave.

Fatts

5 Year Member
Lost them at some point today. Momma must have ate them. I will chalk this one up to age. The males are just starting to develope caudle extentions so they are still pretty young.

Guess we will see how the next spawn goes. I am going to give her one more shot before I try to pull some eggs. I really hate to pull them! I wantta see her with a batch of fry.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….