• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A. cac and betta?

Mettle

5 Year Member
Think it could work out?

I've been observing the male my dad has in his 10 gallon community and there's been no issues at all. I was thinking about maybe putting a single male in my 10 gallon with my male betta.

Or is the finnage a recipe for disaster?

The male betta is white/sky blue if that helps. The plants I have in there at the moment are madagascar lace. The substrate is black sand. The lighting (though how important is that?) is two 15w compact fluorescents.

Greg PL

5 Year Member
1 male each perhaps could work - betta will keep to the surface and apistos are more bottom oriented.
but:
1. what reason there is to keep one of a kind, any species? The real fun is to see the courting, brood care, social behaviours.
2. you'll never know what happens with fish so distant from each other - they can fare well, and then again maybe they won't...

Oupsy

5 Year Member
Hello,

Never worked out in a 15g for me. The betta nearly killed the cac.
The only way to know is to try, but i wouldn t recommend it.

Bye

Mettle

5 Year Member
Greg PL said:
1. what reason there is to keep one of a kind, any species? The real fun is to see the courting, brood care, social behaviours.

Not really. I enjoy watching my green terror/oscar/silver dollar tank. And there's no mating going on in there. I also enjoy watching my piranha tank, and it's just him and some 10-15 head & tail light tetras (meant as feeders). I want an odd ball show tank. I'm not trying to breed.

fishgeek

i have a 4 ft tank with some 20 betta's in and also the overflow of cichlid tanks

betta's stay at top and dwarf's at bottom so i have no trouble

yes i know 20 betta's in a single tank is not supposed to be possible at all

andrew

Greg PL

5 Year Member
Mettle said:
I want an odd ball show tank. I'm not trying to breed.
neither do I. I'm just trying to make them comfortable and see how they behave. apistos live in colonies - so a lonely fish will not be comfortable and will not behave naturaly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesarmora1

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….