• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

A.aggassizi ?

Noddy65

5 Year Member
Hi everyone
I recently bought these fish as A. aggassizi. Im pretty sure that whats they are but does anyone have any idea as to the race?
Also, Ive a terrible feeling that Ive ended up with one male and 4 females. The pic with the three fish, can anyone see a male in there?
All the fish are around 3 cm long.
group.jpg

And a male I think
maleagassizi.jpg

Thanks in advance
Mike

Noddy65

5 Year Member
Ouch..that would be a pain..
Theres one fish, in with the coloured male that dug a tunnel under a log and spends most of her? time in there. I suppose she? could be a subordinate male though.

Mike

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I am fair certain that the fish at the lower left is a female; the fish on the lower right is probably a subdominant male, but could be a female; the fish at the top is a male. As for 'race', A. agassizii is such a polychromatic species that it is impossible to say it is any particular race. It is of the 'holotype' form found in tributaries of the Peruvian Amazon & Rio Solimões (Brazil).

blueblue

5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:
I am fair certain that the fish at the lower left is a female; the fish on the lower right is probably a subdominant male, but could be a female; the fish at the top is a male. As for 'race', A. agassizii is such a polychromatic species that it is impossible to say it is any particular race. It is of the 'holotype' form found in tributaries of the Peruvian Amazon & Rio Solimões (Brazil).

100% agree. So, you have got at least a pair of aggie :)

In addition, your aggies look like the tank-bred fish which could be a mix of various kinds of aggies in many generations... so, it is even more difficult to guess its origin...

Noddy65

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone
I think I have 2 pairs and spare male...the coloured male is in with another fish that is quite yellow so i assume shes a her.

Mike

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pupps

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….