• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

a. agassizii breeding, a second chance

xgiralt

Hi
Let me present you this pair of A. Agassizii I have in my tank.

DSC06989-3
by aquarixg, on Flickr

The first time they spawned, a month ago, the female was stressed defending the eggs and finally ate them.
3 days ago they spawned for a second time. I left the eggs with the pair for a couple of days, and I finally removed the cave to a separate tank to try to raise the fry by myself... hopefully with better success.

Posta apisto
by aquarixg, on Flickr

aquarixg_25_11_2013 038
by aquarixg, on Flickr

It's been a bit longer than 3 days and I've seen few changes, so I thought I would ask you for some advise. My main doubts are:
- What do you think about the breedong setup?
- If nothing Happened in 3 days, bad news? or is it normal timing?
- What about the appearance of the eggs? I see a few white (fungi I guess) but mainly pink

Any advice and comments will be appreciated.

Feel free to browse my flickr account to take a look at more pictures of my tank and the tank mates

Regards

Xavi

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I think you need a bit a patience. Depending on temperature, apisto eggs take 3 days to hatch. I don't see any water circulation near the eggs. That would have been helpful. Personally, I don't have much luck artificially hatch apisto eggs.

xgiralt

I think you need a bit a patience. Depending on temperature, apisto eggs take 3 days to hatch. I don't see any water circulation near the eggs. That would have been helpful. Personally, I don't have much luck artificially hatch apisto eggs.

Thanks mike. I do have and air pump now, but i installed it after a day, and the picture is the first day. I'll keep an eye on them for a couple of days and post any news. Meanwhile, this kind of advices are really helpful!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarenSet

Latest profile posts

jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Please send me info regarding cuipeua. Thx, Joe.
jloponte wrote on hongyj's profile.
Where are you located?
Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(