• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

600l under construction

Pickyswamp

Hello!

This is my 600-litre tank (180cm wide) as of today, replanted it over a month a ago. Before it it was just bogwoods and one (yes, one!) red-green sword created and given by Mr Falck. As a enthusianist gardener I was missing green colour (its all grey and black out now here, you see...) and did replanting. Now all other plants are from South/Mid America but cryptos. I have a plan to change even them into S American species thou Im not sticked about the geo/biotope idea. I just received some swords (E "argentiniensis"(=false latin name, well see what I actually got?!) and E grandifolius) from Germany hoping they will grow as emersed.

PC140293_zps51342c76.jpg
PC140294_zpsfcd40ac6.jpg

There are some plants hanging above the water level like Nepenthes and orchids, here N.

PC140286_zps87562047.jpg

There lives 40+ cories, 5 young Angels (a spawning pair), 6 young spawning Geophagus Tapajos Orange Heads (I love earteaters!) and 20 Blackneons, a flash pleco and a L-333. Filtration: two inner filter (JBL 800l/h and AquaBee 1000l/h), and lots of plants growing hydro. Daily EasyCarbo started along replanting, some fertz by some-kind-of-Duckweed-Index (I hate all kind of testing except EC). EC is now 400uS (at highest 800uS when bows earlier), hopefully will come down as top offs with just RO/rainwater. LED lighning.

This is how it was before replanting (last June I guess)

PB300242_zps778faabf.jpg

And before that ...Earlier I had bows as stated above. Lovely fish too!

P4140001_zps0f46f418.jpg

I will add later pics about sons 300l community tank with some Bolivian rams. They are really cool small fish, arent they! Thanks and...

Cheers, Maria

Pickyswamp

Hi linus_Cello! There are small species Phalaenopsis hanging there. They are very beautiful by water. I made growingsoil "baskets" of green steel mesh for them. Then I have Leptotes bicolor growing in 250l (growing on bogwood with some soil) but it has unfortunately never bloomed. Grows sooooo slowly! As soon as I get the idea how to create more room for orchids, I will order some small wild species.

Cheers,

Pickyswamp

The tank as of two weeks ago

P1230025_zps766eaecc.jpg
P1300001_zps99d81fad.jpg

P1300006_zps901ba038.jpg

Inhabitants: G Tapajos Orange Head, Black Phantoms, cories and (small) plecos. Planning to add some Splash Tetras. The tank went paludarium style about four weeks ago, so far everything seems to be just fine. Filtration is HMF and hydrobox with decent flow + 2 x internal filter.

Cheers, Maria

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….