• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

33gal tank

fyrefish

Hi,
I wanted to share my 33gal tank which is finally cycled, been waiting a long time to give my apisto a new home, and wanted to share it.
image_2022-03-27_175503.png

I'm still waiting for some wood to sink and some plants to grow in more, I got a few new plants today. I've gone wild with the crypts, about 4-5 of what I think it crypt lucens and the flatter, bronze coloured one in the front. (any ID would be useful.)
I'll either add the apisto later tonight or maybe tomorrow. I'll be sure to share more pictures when the plants grow and I get some more tannins!

It may not be much, but this is what I made about 7 months ago. I think I've come a long way from there.
aquascape start.jpeg

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I've gone wild with the crypts, about 4-5 of what I think it crypt lucens and the flatter, bronze coloured one in the front. (any ID would be useful.)
It looks like it might be a form of <"C. wendtii">, but naming is a mess for Cryptocoryne spp.
I think I've come a long way from there.
You certainly have, but you know what I'm going to say just "more cover required".

cheers Darrel

fyrefish

Yeah, I'll be moving her current hide in here as well when I move her, and hopefully use the wood to create more shelter when it sinks, but I feel it does need more caves. I was looking at some artificial hides at my lfs, but they were all quite large and didn't look very natural. If anyone could recommend something small and natural looking, like maybe a little cave cluster, I would appreciate it. Not looking to breed, just to help the fish feel more secure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….