• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

other non aggressive dwarf cichlid

mgfiest

Hi... I currently have bolivan and gbr in my 120 gal tank and was thinking putting another non aggressive dwarf with them... Could some recommend another kind so I could discuss with my lfs to order... Thanks

deliriouz

One of the least aggressive Apisto I have kept is apisto sp steel blue /neon head. Have kept them in several community tanks with laetacara/angels/discus/gbr / tetras with no problems.

chris1805

5 Year Member
That would be a really good option. They are quite peacefull especially with rams i think. And you have a 120 gallon so i don't see the problem. How many rams are we talking about in total? Would pick like 5 of these dicrossus especially when they are young because it's really hard to find out if male or female in the beginning

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
What about Dicrossus filamentosus? Lovely fish
They are lovely, and I know "rr16" has been really successful with them, but they really need soft water.

I'm not sure how soft the OP's water is? and whether he ever got a TDS meter?

cheers Darrel

rr16

5 Year Member
I forget and take my lovely Manchester soft water for granted sometimes!

Fikret Celik

5 Year Member
Excuse me, I'm going to say no Anomala in this tank. I've realized now. It is very dangerous especially the female Anomala. For all the fish in the tank.

rr16

5 Year Member
On that note, when I moved house I lost my female D. filamentosus female and turns out the last male had gone already. A shame as they were lovely fish and was going to breed them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….