• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Setting up a new tank :)

chris1805

5 Year Member
Hey guys!,

I am going to set up a new tank soon. It will be a 60x40x40cm tank. I would like to keep 1 pair of Apistogramma in this tank. I am planning on stocking it full with Hornwood/spiderwood and lot's of catalpa leaves. I am going to hide 2 coconut caves under the leaves. The tank water will be tanned and i plan on keeping a few neon tetra stimolus in there. (a form of neon tetra's that stays smaller than the normal one) But now the big question, what apistogramma would you guys recommend keeping in here?
The apisto's i am thinking of:
Apistogramma Panduro
Apistogramma Baenschi
Apistogramma Trifiscata

All other suggestion are welcome! :)

regani

5 Year Member
I'd go with the A. baenschi - the panduros don't always pair up easily and the trifasciata are a more polygamous species.
With sufficient decoration the tank is large enough to house most apistos so you have more options. For some of the true black water species the water values will be a limiting factor especially if you want to breed them.

aarhud

5 Year Member
Im a big fan of Apistogramma baenschi. A. panduro is said to require softer water than A. baenschi. I did not have trouble breeding either species in my water which is 1-3 kH and gH with conductivity around 250 microS.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AND

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….