• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Agassizi and Panduro dying. Please help

sonaj

Dear Mike,
cid:ii_161b82d9eea9badc

White poo is protruding from the anus of this A. Agassiz female. 95%of her fry died within a week or two previously.
I am using under gravel filter with UV.
Please advise.
Regards
John

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I'm sorry to learn this. Your problem could be from any of a number reasons. Without further information it's impossible to say what the problem(s) actually is/are.

Questions:

Fish: age/how long have you had them? Any new additions (fish/plants/decorations) added to the tank?
Tank: size, water values, tank maintenance schedule? Any changes recently?
Foods: what do you feed your fish? Do they eat it all?

One most hobbyist don't think about: have you used any cleaning/toxic chemicals near the tank/air pump recently?

I'm sure others here can think of other questions that might help.

For now your best chance of saving these fish is to make frequent (daily) partial water changes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meghanbe

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….