• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My little pond...

RAF

5 Year Member
... some images.

Building:

espaoSmall.jpg

(where it was placed)

P4150002Small.jpg

(after some digging)

P4150004Small.jpg

(protecting the liner)

LagovistodajaneladoquartoSmall.jpg

(after the liner and water)

Some other photos of the plants and fish:

nenufar_flor2.jpg

nenufar_flor1.jpg

P6190177Small.jpg

P6190173Small.jpg

P6190172Small.jpg

P6030002Small.jpg

P6030001Small.jpg

P8060454Small.jpg

P8060452Small.jpg

P7010265Small.jpg

By now you're asking... what the hell does it have to do with cichlids?:confused:

Well... I answer:

meridionalis_lake1Small.jpg

meridionalisodessa1Small.jpg

meridionalisodessa2Small.jpg

meridionalisodessa3Small.jpg

... OK, it isn't a dwarf... :rolleyes: but I intend to keep dwarves there also... some boerllii, Laetacaras and who knows what! Next spring I'll start introducing new cichlids!:cool: :wink:

Hope you liked it!

Mud Pie Mama

5 Year Member
You did a wonderful job w/ this pond. I really like it! Thanks for sharing.

Are you running any type of filtration on this; or just relying on the plants?

RAF

5 Year Member
Thanks Mud Pie Mama, it's allways good to read from someone that appreciates our work! :biggrin:

... for now I'm just relying on the plants with good results so far. I had somewhat of a diatom algae bloom in the peak of the summer but it ended up to have good results since it meant an increase in the microfauna and then in the breeding activity.

RAF

5 Year Member
Thanks bigbird...

Hi RAF,
Very nice work! the pond looks great :)

How does the Cichlids are going to survive the cold winter?...

Well, that species that you saw is originaly from Argentina, so it's a sub-tropical cichlid and has been kept for several years a several hobbists outside, all year round, in Portugal. Our climate is very similar to argentinians climate.

The cichlid that you saw is a Gymnogeophagus meridionalis, maybe next year I will test other cichlids like Apistogramma borellii, Ap. combrae (this on I'm sure that can handle the winter)...

The Astroloherus facetum, not only exists in ponds all year round in Portugal, but was introduced in the wild back in the 1950's and established in my country. Off course it's an exotic species, but it can be said to be the only cichlid species with an european population.

Best regards

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….