• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma rositae

Imrahil

5 Year Member
A species of the nijsseni lineage that I like very much. My pair originates from a couple imported here in France in 2008. Serious hobbyists succeeded preserving the descent and it should be now something like the eighth or ninth generation ...

At home, they reproduce within "classical" Apistos parameters: T 25°C, pH 5,4, conductivity 125 microS/cm2.

Male
male1.jpg

IMG_7660.jpg
IMG_7665.jpg

Female
fem2.jpg

fem1.jpg

Attachments

• male2.jpg
    male2.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_7661.jpg
    IMG_7661.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 925

gerald

5 Year Member
Beautiful! Looks like a "missing link" between the nijsseni group and agassizi group (if that makes any sense, which it may not).

Pellegrino

Beautiful fish I love the black lines on the dorsal of the female with the blue anal are any of those fish for sale I would definitely like to purchase a trio if possible

Fikret Celik

5 Year Member
I admired the upper fin. Really beautiful fish. But it seems a little difficult water conditions. Congratulations...

WarrenNorwichUK

I’m looking to get some of these soon. I’ve read on line that they aren’t a black water species? What kind of set up would be ideal for them?

Imrahil

5 Year Member
My experience with A. rositae is that it is really not a difficult species regarding water parameters for reproduction and sex ratio.

gerald

5 Year Member
We have similar places in the southeastern USA, where blackwater tributary streams flow into clear or turbid streams with higher conductivity and near-neutral pH. Broad-scale generalizations about water chemistry in a wide region may not be correct.

Although the Río Huallaga is mostly a whitewater river, most of the streams in the middle course (where A. rositae is found) tend to be blackwater jungle streams. Treat them as you would A. bitaeniata and you should be fine. See: http://apisto.sites.no/fish.aspx?fishIndexID=2393&gruppeID=1

rasmusW

5 Year Member
This truely is a beautiful species. I really wanted these fish, but sadly they where too expensive, plus i decided a fairly rare species in the normal trade aswell as wild caught, might not be the best fish to start with.
Though i hope i get the oputunity at some other time.

-r

MickeM

5 Year Member

rasmusW

5 Year Member
MickeM: if only i had the aquarium and money for it... -but thanks a lot for the heads up.

-r

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….