• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hi! New to Apistos!

Emma

Hey everyone, I have owned fish for years, and recently set up my second planted tank that will be for apistogrammas! I am looking for any advice on these guys as I am brand new to apistos. I just acquired 3 apistogramma cacatuoides super red, and I was told 2 are female and 1 was too young to sex. They are currently in a very temporary setup with some plecos to ensure that my other tank is satisfactory. I had to jump on the deal I got for these guys, and was not completely ready to put them into the new tank. However, they are doing well even being in their temporary housing! They should be able to move over in the next few days. I am so excited to have them, they are beautiful!

Ade205

Hi Emma, welcome.

A quick warning... Have some spare tanks!!
I've been a Discus fanatic for many years, but decided to have a go at breeding Apistos a few months back! I'm on my third spawn now and rapidly running out of tank space!!!! Apistogramma fry & juveniles everywhere lol

I'm sure your gonna love your new Apisto adventure. Their behaviour is fascinating, especially when have fry, truly a great fish and i can now see why so many are obsessed with them!

Hope your 3rd fish is male, and if so, i suspect it won't be long before your posting pics of a proud mummy Apisto herding fry around her tank!

Ade.

Emma

Hi Emma, welcome.

A quick warning... Have some spare tanks!!
I've been a Discus fanatic for many years, but decided to have a go at breeding Apistos a few months back! I'm on my third spawn now and rapidly running out of tank space!!!! Apistogramma fry & juveniles everywhere lol

I'm sure your gonna love your new Apisto adventure. Their behaviour is fascinating, especially when have fry, truly a great fish and i can now see why so many are obsessed with them!

Hope your 3rd fish is male, and if so, i suspect it won't be long before your posting pics of a proud mummy Apisto herding fry around her tank!

Ade.

Haha! I will get more tanks if my other guy ends up being a male! They definitely do have interesting behavior that I am seeing already

Macmasteri-ng_It

Welcome Emma,
Can't wait to see if you got a young male or female! I have to get more females myself, lost mine. She was in poor condition from the get go. Please keep us updated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonaldStype

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….